dinsdag 20 mei 2014

Are you materialistic?

Last week I was in France with my boyfriend and dog. Such a lovely week and great to see my parents-in-law again. We haven't seen them in 3 months, only through skype! 
The last evening we were there we argued (although arguing is a big word) about things you get attached to. I don't get attached easily to material stuff such as clothing, furniture etc. But it made me think, what do I really want to take with my in case of an emergency? Of course my BF in the first place and the dog and cat. 
But purely hypothetical, what do you really love in your house and would you always (try to) take with you?
Here is my list:
- Gold ring I got from my parents when I turned eighteen 
- The 'book' my BF made with all our text messages from the first year we've been dating 
- The Audrey Hepburn painting/art work I got from my BF 
- My antique desk with the marble top
And this is were it stops, I can't say I'm very materialistic. I really like (love!) my interior and clothing/shoes/handbags/music collection, but it's all insured and replaceable. I do have some special items (vintage Chanel, Louis Vuitton) and a lot of artwork and antiques. But the most important things in my life aren't 'things'... 

1 opmerking:

  1. Als ik moet kiezen, dan neem ik mijn twee knuffels Rosje en Vlokje mee. Die heb ik al sinds ik een peuter ben en ik kan gek genoeg niet zonder die twee. Mijn juwelen en mijn foto's. Maar goed, als de fik in mijn huis gaat zal ik alleen maar mijn knuffels mee kunnen nemen denk ik en hopelijk mijn juwelen - en niet een zware box vol fotoalbums. Ik zou ook alleen dus dingen met een herinnering willen meenemen. Hoewel ik sommige meubels van mijn oma heb, blijven het maar spullen en dan kom ik er liever heelhuids uit met een paar mooie herinneringen die niemand me kan afnemen (omdat ik ze stevig bij me heb!).
    Ik heb moeite met afscheid nemen van spullen, ik gooi nu eenmaal niet makkelijk iets weg. Maar ik weet ook dat als het noodlot toeslaat, ik er geen moeite mee heb om alles achter te moeten laten. Ik heb geleerd: Spullen zijn maar spullen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen